Our top five Christmas tips to enjoy the festive season more are:-
1. Have your coffee.Now is not the time to cut back on your caffeine intake. Coffee will help you beat the crowds at the shops and give you more mileage in your day.
2. Don’t take it all too seriously.Tap into your fun memories of past Christmas times. You don’t have to please everyone. If you find yourself getting frustrated, take a breath and focus on the positive.
3. Drive Safe.You can’t control how others are on the road, but you can take responsibility for how you drive. Recognise if you are too tired, had too much to drink or are not up for driving and make other arrangements.
4. Do something unexpected that brightens someone else’s day.Being charitable and showing kindness to others is fulfilling and makes you feel good. It could be as simple as “paying it forward” by buying someone their coffee or ringing an old friend.
5. Have patience.We don’t know what may be going on for others and at this time of the year it can be emotional for a lot of people for many reasons eg they are missing loved ones, they are feeling lonely, they are feeling conflicted, they are dealing with stress etc. So practice some extra patience and kindness at this time of the year.
What are your favourite things to do that make Christmas more fun and special?
We’d also like to take this opportunity to wish thank all our patrons and visitors of The Steaming Cup for your support during 2019 and wish you all the best for 2020.
The Steaming Cup Crew